14 October 2006

Ousel Fall(s)

I spent a particularly fine Fall morning rambling down the Gallatin Canyon, gazing longingly up at Lone Peak, and picnicing at the top of Ousel Falls. I think it is the first time in a long time that I have gotten out into what I love. It was magnificent to see the river, the mountains, the snow, the dashes of yellow, and slow down enough to absorb the mists from the falls. Those are the things that fill my heart, not crunched down into a book for hours on end. Now if I could just find someone to pay me to do that for a living...
In this picture I'm standing on the exposed root of a tree that hangs out over the top of the falls. I'm not wearing a helmet, so I was taking my life into my hands, but I held on! And for once it wasn't my idea.
Note my friend and fellow English grad buddy Luke to the right of the falls. Just for perspective, he's 6'8".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that right by the Meadow Village? If so, Lo & I climbed that when it was iced up last Christmas. It's a very beautiful area. Nice choice. bmj

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, you're giving me a coronary!!
Who else....Ma

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

truthfully, how beautiful...almost as beautiful as you! Love you, Little Blue Eyes

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home