02 September 2006

Bummer of a blog, Hal

I was chastised last night for being derelict in my duties in keeping this updated. So, I drove across eastern Montana listening to a lecture on Jehanne La Pucelle (Joan of Arc), trying to come up with something that I could post. Here it is:

Since my return from Over-The-Pond, I have been diligently seeking to become a minor superhero, inspired, of course, by my brother, the superhero. I am not as upwardly mobile as he is. My levitation is entirely dependent on a hammock suspended from The Beam and held in place with two carabiners that have "not for climbing use" imprinted on the side. Given my history for stunts and injury, I was lucky to extract myself from this makeshift sling of aerial enhancement without causing myself substantial bodily harm.

And then school began and my cape was clipped, so to speak, with the news that all my research over the summer was worthless and that my entire thesis focus needed to be shifted back in time about five centuries. I felt like making a face.

Instead, I cleaned the house and threw a going away party for my brother, the superhero. He has a lot of foreign friends (and most of them, which provides endless fodder for teasing, are female).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

M~
Love the "minor superhero" pic, but what is your superhero identity? Grammar girl? hahaha

It was nice to chat with you the other day. Miss you. Have fun in the Round Town.

I don't have much else to say. My eyelids are heavy, but I still have guests up. Is it rude to go to bed while your guests are still playing games?

Love you,
E~

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see my chastising was effective. bj

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home