Brothers are great...and then there are cousins
I have a large family...well, a large extended family. I think that cousins are some of the greatest inventions in the whole world. There's a safety in those relationships because they have to love you! they're family! They are like siblings because they are usually a similar age, call the same people Grandma and Grandpa, and at least on of their parents is pretty similar to one of your parents (or both parents in some cases). But, unlike siblings, you never have to share your stuff with them and you have more parental options for tattling if the need arises.
I have been pretty lucky to have always lived close to at least a few of my cousins on both sides of the family. In the early years Jennee and I were the only girls so we had to stick together. We've seen a lot of crazy stuff together and I can't begin to list the times where life delivered a sucker punch and she was right there beside me.
I have so many great memories that it's hard to pick out a few for this limited space (and attention spans of readers) - magical capes and tadpoles with Ben and Megan, Deer Poop Fort with Bobby and Eric, Viper-sitting for BJ, neighborly relations with Jason and Susan (I'm sure I own them a dozen eggs and at least 17 cups of sugar), random visits/stays with Sheila and Angie, pinochle with Doug and Eric, Riley and baseball, cheers to Jesse, almost being shorter than Charley, the handicap of not being able to walk up stairs ahead of any family member...I could go on.
And now some of them are reproducing so the fun starts all over again with the miniature versions of some of my favorite people in the world!!
I have been pretty lucky to have always lived close to at least a few of my cousins on both sides of the family. In the early years Jennee and I were the only girls so we had to stick together. We've seen a lot of crazy stuff together and I can't begin to list the times where life delivered a sucker punch and she was right there beside me.
I have so many great memories that it's hard to pick out a few for this limited space (and attention spans of readers) - magical capes and tadpoles with Ben and Megan, Deer Poop Fort with Bobby and Eric, Viper-sitting for BJ, neighborly relations with Jason and Susan (I'm sure I own them a dozen eggs and at least 17 cups of sugar), random visits/stays with Sheila and Angie, pinochle with Doug and Eric, Riley and baseball, cheers to Jesse, almost being shorter than Charley, the handicap of not being able to walk up stairs ahead of any family member...I could go on.
And now some of them are reproducing so the fun starts all over again with the miniature versions of some of my favorite people in the world!!

1 Comments:
Hi honey, love the blogs! It's fun seeing you two English majors sparring (beneath the surface, of course) with your wit and writing! Does a mother need to correct her daughter's grammar if it's in the title????? ;>) I know, but not sure if the rest of the world would, that it's merely a regional colloquilism! Hug the Martins for us!
Post a Comment
<< Home