27 August 2007

Glacier

This past weekend I got to drive through Glacier Park for the first time. It was definitely worth it - the views were stunning and the Going-to-the-sun highway breathtaking in more ways than one. I would not, however, recommend doing it alone...it makes for very tricky and precarious picture taking: one hand on the camera, one hand on the steering wheel, three tires on the road, a rock wall on one side, a cliff drop-off on the other, and elevated heart rate!




Hidden Lake lies at the apex of the highway at Logan Pass. The hike/walk in is well-developed and easy to manage. It was, however, very crowded.



Traffic backed up on the trail where these guys were grazing. I decided to join in on the fun and get a photo myself.



Avalanche Lake. The picture doesn't show this, but there were so many people there that it looked like a public beach.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Chaco tan! And the white dress looks great! Linz

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a fabulous Chaco tan! It's as if you spent all summer doing nothing but making sure you had those tan lines.
Brett

1:12 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Maybe I did...

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home